FREE Grand Opening Ceremony Event Guide
Organising a successful Grand Opening and ribbon-cutting ceremony takes skill and patience to bring everything together; we have brought this FREE Grand Opening Ceremony Event Guide together to help you organise a brilliant grand opening event.
- Decide who’s in charge of your Grand Opening – perhaps it’s you!
- Delegate responsibilities – A contact for RSVPs, Who will ‘say a few words at the Grand Opening event, Greeters to show your guests the way, a VIP Ceremonial co-coordinator, Tour guides of your new Grand Opening facility and also a team to clean up
- Budget – Establish the Grand Opening budget. Remember, ordering items early always saves money on delivery, etc
- Plan the Grand Opening Day activities.
- Select a date and time for your grand opening, and think about the weather – should you have a reserved day, or can you provide cover from the rain?
- Book the professionals – Caterers, Photographers, Local Press, Florist, Entertainment, Musicians and sound systems.
- Room Layout – Consider tables and chairs, stanchions, podiums etc., and organise table covers, napkins, crockery and cutlery.
- Ribbons & Scissors – Do you want your ribbon printed? Order giant ceremonial scissors for the day.
- Stanchions & Bows – Make your day look truly professional with brightly coloured bows and stanchions to attach your cutting ribbon.
- Prepare a press release.
- Organise any visual aids for the speaker
- Organise printed balloons, balloon nets and helium.
- Consider a red carpet for your VIP’s
- Consider a gift for your guests with a small souvenir. Perhaps personalised chocolate, or wrap your gift with personalised ribbon to make it extra special.
- Don’t forget to send the thank you to all those who helped you.